These release notes describe the changes in IDS peak 2.0. This version introduces a new interface and a new application. With the IDS peak comfortC interface you can easily program in C with many comfort functions. The IDS peak Cockpit allows easy access to all camera functions and also includes some useful tools.
IDS peak does not allow the use of third party cameras in combination with IDS transport layers. Also, third-party transport layers are not displayed in IDS peak. Since some manufacturers lock functions in their transport layers or implement a different interpretation of the GenTL standard, it cannot be guaranteed that these transport layers are always fully compatible with uEye+ cameras.
IDS peak 2.0.1
- Fixed an error in the "ids_ipconfig" tool that caused IP addresses to be incorrect.
- Various improvements for the IDS peak Cockpit:
- Fixed an error regarding the fonts in the user interface, which caused some texts to be displayed incompletely.
- Added scrolling options in some dialogs so that these dialogs can be displayed correctly even in reduced views.
- The access to the camera memory has been corrected so that the complete camera memory can be read and saved.
- Under Linux, an error in the language switching has been fixed.
- Fixed an error in automatic image saving when using pixel formats with more than 8-bits.
IDS peak 2.0
New and changed functions
IDS peak Cockpit
The new IDS peak Cockpit replaces the IDS Vision Cockpit in IDS peak 2.0. In addition to the modern user interface, which allows easy operation, you can choose between a light and a dark layout. The IDS peak Cockpit offers the same range of functions under Windows and Linux. It is available with English and German user interface.
More functions in the IDS peak Cockpit:
- Configure and save workspaces with dialogs
- Performance monitor
- Sharpness measurement in the image
- Load and save camera settings
- Automatic image saving
- Load camera user sets at startup
Note on the IDS Vision Cockpit
The IDS Vision Cockpit is still included in release 2.0 of IDS peak. However, it has been discontinued and is no longer recommended for new applications.
New: IDS peak comfortC
With IDS peak comfortC you can easily program in C with many comfort functions without going deep into the GenICam standard. The description for programming can be found in the IDS peak comfortSDK documentation. Additionally, new programming examples are included.
Samples for IDS peak comfortC
All samples are delivered as executable files (binary) and as open source code in IDS peak. The following samples are delivered with IDS peak comfortC:
- Performance improvements for GigE cameras
- Bugfixes in the Python interface
- If network adapters are added, removed, activated or deactivated after opening the IDS peak Cockpit, the changes are only visible after restarting the IDS peak Cockpit.
- If network adapters are added, removed, activated or deactivated after opening the IDS Vision Cockpit, the changes are only visible after restarting the IDS Vision Cockpit.
- If multiple cameras are open in tiled view in IDS Vision Cockpit, no scroll bar is displayed at the bottom.