Perfection at all levels: Sony’s IMX series
Sensor properties Sony IMX252
- 1/1.8" area scan sensor with pixel size of 3.45 µm
- 3.15 Megapixel (2048 x 1536 px) in 4:3 aspect ratio
- Full resolution with up to 134 fps
- Full HD with up to 187 fps
- Global shutter CMOS sensor
- 12-bit per pixel
- 16x Multi AOI
- Long exposure of up to 30 seconds
- Available as color or monochrome version
Fantastic in every aspect! The Sony IMX252 global shutter CMOS sensor provides a resolution of 3.15 MP with up to 134 fps and Full HD with up to 187 fps. The sensor fulfills highest requirements for image quality, dynamic range, light-sensitivity and functionality. There is no better CMOS imaging sensor in the 3 MP class. With IDS cameras, the sensor offers multi AOI, 30 s long exposure and many other useful functions. The 1/1.8" size fits to a great range of lenses. If your application needs less functionality and speed or your project is more cost-sensitive, you should have a look at the Sony IMX265 that is the cost-optimized version of this 3.15 MP sensor. The sensor will be available as color or monochrome version.
Cameras with this sensor will be available end of 2016.