Release Notes for IDS GigE Vision Firmware 1.9
These release notes describe the changes of the GigE Vision Firmware 1.9 which adds support for new camera models as well as bug fixes.
- GV-504x color / mono
- GV-520x color / mono
- GV-524x color / mono / NIR
- GV-525x color / mono
- GV-526x color / mono
- GV-527x color / mono
- GV-528x color / mono
- GV-529x color / mono
- GV-548x - / mono
- GV-558x color / -
- GV-586x color / mono
- GV-588x color / mono
For updating the camera firmware to version 1.9, you must use the IDS Vision Suite 1.1.1 (or newer) because of changes in the GenICam standard. Note that you cannot use IDS Vision Suite 1.1.1 (or newer) for downgrading to firmware versions 1.3 or 1.4.
Note that a camera with firmware version 1.6 or higher cannot be opened with IDS Vision Suite 1.0.0. You need at least IDS Vision Suite 1.1.
New camera model ⇑
- GV-589x: From GigE Vision firmware 1.9 on, the new model GV-589x is supported. Refer to the datasheet to identify which new features are supported by this camera model.
Bug fixes ⇑
- Readout signal corrections
- Improved reliability of IP connection establishment
- Improved performance and stability
Known issues ⇑
- Timeouts may occur with the current transport layer (IDS Vision Suite 1.1) when you operate the camera in line scan mode with very low frequency line triggers.
- The frame rate of a GV-548x cannot be changed during image acquisition. To change the frame rate, you must stop image acquisition first.
IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
Dimbacher Str. 6-8
T: +49 7134 96196-0
© IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, March 2019