Release Notes for IDS USB3 Vision Firmware 2.20
These release notes describe the changes of the USB3 Vision Firmware 2.20 which adds support for new camera models.
USB3 Vision firmware version 2.20.17528 ⇑
New camera models
From USB3 Vision firmware 2.20.17528 on, new models are supported. Refer to the datasheet to identify which new features are supported by single camera models.
- New uEye LE USB 3 Rev. 1.2
- U3-304xLE Rev. 1.2 color / mono
- U3-327xLE Rev. 1.2 color / mono
- U3-386xLE Rev. 1.2 color / mono
- U3-388xLE Rev. 1.2 color / mono
Note that these new models do not support the SensorOperationMode "Linescan".
USB3 Vision firmware version 2.20.16848 ⇑
New camera models
From USB3 Vision firmware 2.20 on, new models are supported. Refer to the datasheet to identify which new features are supported by single camera models.
- New USB 3 uEye CP Rev. 2.2 models
- U3-304x color / mono
- U3-306x color / mono
- U3-307x color / mono
- U3-308x color / mono
- U3-30Cx color / mono
- U3-326x color / mono
- U3-327x color / mono
- U3-328x color / mono
- U3-380x color / mono
- U3-386x color / mono
- U3-388x color / mono
- U3-389x color / mono
Known issues ⇑
- uEye LE USB 3.1 Rev 1.2: DeviceLinkThroughputLimit cannot be set to maximum value.
- uEye LE USB 3.1 Rev 1.2: With very low values in DeviceLinkThroughputLimit, the duration after acquisition start increases until the first image is transferred. On some sensors, the first few images have to be discarded after the sensor is started. Because the frame rate is also very slow at low values for DeviceLinkThroughputLimit, this process takes correspondingly longer.
- U3-304xLE Rev. 1.2: If the BayerRG10 or BayerRG12 pixel formats are used in combination with the maximum ROI and the maximum value for DeviceLinkTroughputLimit, incompletes may occur.
- U3-307x/U3-308x/U3-326x/U3-328x/U3-388x: The histogram does not reach 255 for every color value. This is caused by rounding differences at the calculation of the color correction matrix. If the color correction is deactivated, the saturation is achieved.
- The models U3-389x/U3-388x/U3-386x have a time delay between trigger and flash. If a 5 Hz trigger signal is applied to Line0, Line1 goes to "high" with a time delay.
- U3-388x: In some cases, the first image is incorrect after binning is activated.
- In some rare cases, transfer errors on the USB bus may cause the camera to restart during operation. This problem is only known in combination with the AMD X399 chipset.
IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
Dimbacher Str. 10
T: +49 7134 96196-0
© IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, September 2022