Release Notes IDS NXT 2.6
These release notes describe the new features and changes in the IDS NXT 2.6 release. This release updates the following components:
IDS NXT lighthouse 2.6
You find the release notes for IDS NXT lighthouse directly in IDS NXT lighthouse: https://ids-lighthouse.ai/login/
IDS NXT OS 2.6
You find the release notes for IDS NXT OS 2.6.0 under Release Notes for IDS NXT OS 2.6.0
IDS NXT cockpit 2.6
This version of the IDS NXT cockpit supports Windows 10 64-bit (version 21H1, 20H2).
Note: The IDS NXT cockpit 2.6 cannot be used to operate an IDS NXT vegas camera. Use the IDS NXT Cockpit 1.2.4 instead for the IDS NXT vegas models.
IDS NXT cockpit 2.6.1
New and changed functions
- ROI handling in Crawler has been reworked:
- When drawing ROIs in Crawler, you get feedback via colour and text hints if ROIs do not match the recommendations for object detection in IDS NXT lighthouse.
- ROIs are flipped when the camera image is mirrored.
- ROIs are scaled during binning.
- In the multi-camera viewer, even after a camera is unplugged, the camera information is still displayed to help identifying the camera.
- It is no longer necessary to restart the computer when updating or installing the IDS NXT cockpit, unless this is prompted by a corresponding message.
- A bug prevented the correct saving of images in BMP and PNG format in full resolution. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug in the multi-camera viewer that in rare cases caused the program to freeze.
- Fixed an error that may have caused not all functionalities to be available in IDS peak when IDS NXT cockpit and IDS peak are installed on the same computer.
IDS NXT cockpit 2.6.0
New and changed functions
- The multi camera viewer can display the images from up to 4 cameras simultaneously. You can save the multi camera configuration password-protected.
- It is possible to save a separate ROI configuration in Crawler for each camera.
- The IDS NXT cockpit can display the information element of a vision app.
- Fixed a bug that caused the heatmap switch to update incorrectly when an enabled CNN was replaced with a newer version.
IDS NXT Vision App Creator 2.6
- The IDS NXT API has been updated to version 2.6.0 so that you can program vision apps for IDS NXT OS 2.6.0. For example, you can use the information element in vision apps (see also the "MultiCNN" example on Github).
- The version numbers of Oracle Virtual Machine (*.ova) and IDS NXT OS are identical as of version 2.6.
- You can set a custom title for the "Website" node of a vision app in the manifest file. This designation is used as text for the "Website" button in the IDS NXT cockpit. You can find an example of this on GitHub.
|IDS NXT cockpit||Vision app "Crawler" is no longer usable.||The separate vision app "Crawler" is no longer compatible with IDS NXT cockpit 2.3.0 or higher, as the Crawler application has been integrated into IDS NXT cockpit from version 2.3 on.|
|IDS NXT cockpit||Icon for Crawler is displayed 2x in IDS NXT cockpit.||If the vision app "Crawler" is still installed on the camera after an update to IDS NXT cockpit 2.3, the crawler icons are displayed 2x in the IDS NXT cockpit. Uninstall the previous vision app "Crawler" on the camera.|
|IDS NXT cockpit 2.6.0||Camera configuration and ROI configuration file||If you use binning, change the sensor ROI, or flip the image after you have created ROIs, the positions of the ROIs are not saved correctly in the ROI configuration. To avoid this, proceed as follows:
|IDS NXT cockpit||Mixed operation of IDS NXT cockpit and IDS peak||In the case of mixed operation with IDS peak, uninstalling IDS peak or IDS NXT cockpit may lead to complications when updating the GUF files. After uninstalling, reinstall the remaining software to fix the problem.|
|IDS NXT cockpit||Vision apps and previous ROI feature||If vision apps are still using the previous ROI feature, the ROI may show an incorrect position when switching binning.|
|IDS NXT cockpit||Multi camera viewer and vision app selection||If you have already selected a vision app for a camera in the multicamera viewer and you subsequently install a new vision app on this camera or delete a vision app, the vision app selection in the multicamera viewer is reset.
|IDS NXT cockpit||Maximum frame rate in freerun mode||To achieve the maximum frame rate in freerun mode, no images should be displayed with the IDS NXT cockpit due to performance reasons.|
|Object Detector||Result output||Japanese characters cannot be displayed in the result image.|
|Classifier||Result output||Japanese characters cannot be displayed in the result image.|
|OPC UA Server||New installation of a vision app||After reinstalling a vision app, it may be necessary to call the "PrepareRecipe" method twice to enable the corresponding recipe. Alternatively, after reinstalling a vision app, it is recommended to start it once initially.|
|IDS NXT Vision App Creator||Update of the IDS NXT Vision App Creator||After an update, the setting of the alternative "Source Folder" for projects must be reset.|
|IDS NXT Vision App Creator||Update the virtual machine||During the update, the virtual machine is deleted and replaced by a new one. Before updating, you must manually back up files that you have stored in the previous virtual machine and want to use further.|
|IDS NXT Vision App Creator||Uninstallation||The installation of the IDS NXT Vision App Creator does not require administrator privileges. If you installed the previous version as an administrator, the uninstall entry in the Control Panel may not be removed automatically. Go to "Control Panel" → "Programs and Features" and uninstall the previous version of IDS NXT Vision App Creator here.|
|IDS NXT REST interface||Wrong return value in case of incorrect authentication||If you use an incorrect authentication for a request via the IDS NXT REST interface, the request fails. Here, the corresponding error code "401 Unauthorized" is not always returned, but also other error codes that do not clearly indicate the incorrect authentication. This bug will be fixed in a later version.|