Ensenso N series
3D-Vision - Precise, robust and easy
Plug & Play
Protection code IP65/67
Trigger & flash
The compact and robust 3D camera system
The Ensenso N-Series is designed specifically for use in rough environmental conditions. Thanks to its compact design, the N-Series is equally suitable for 3D detection of moving and stationary objects in a space-saving stationary or mobile application on a robot arm. Even under difficult lighting conditions, the integrated projector projects a high-contrast texture onto the object using a pattern mask with a random dot pattern, thus filing in the structures that are not present or only weakly present on the object's surface. All cameras are pre-calibrated and therefore easy to set up.
The lockable GPIO connectors for trigger and flash also make all models suitable for industrial use. For particularly high demands on robustness, both Ensenso N30 and Ensenso N40 3D camera series are available with IP65/67 protection class and thus protected against dirt, dust, splash water or cleaning agents.
Lightweight and cost-optimised - the N40 series
The completely decoupled 3D stereo electronics of the new N40 series allows the use of a lightweight plastic composite as housing material, which makes it possible to manufacture the 3D camera family more cost-effectively.
The reduced weight also makes Ensenso N40 models applicable to collaborative robotic arms, whose driving forces are limited to protect the human colleague. The haptics of the plastic surface and rounded edges also help to minimise injuries.
For highest demands - the N30 series
The aluminium housing of the N30 models ensures optimum heat dissipation of the electronic components and thus a stable light output even under extreme environmental conditions. This ensures the consistently high quality and robustness of the 3D data.
The metal construction also allows a very flexible and robust mounting of the CMOS sensors with vergence angles of 2° to 10°, which makes it possible to realise application scenarios with very short object distances.
- 3D object recognition, classification & localisation, e.g. quality assurance, commissioning
- 3D object reconstruction
- Factory automation
- Robot applications, e.g. bin picking or collaborative tasks
- Conveyor belt equipping
- Logistics automation. e.g. (De-)Palletising
- Automatic storage systems
Cameras of the Ensenso N camera family are easy to set up and operate via the Ensenso SDK. In addition to wizards for easy setup and camera calibration support for the 3D cameras, it also includes GPU-based image processing for even faster 3D data processing.
- One software package (Ensenso SDK for Windows and Linux) for all Ensenso models
- MVTec HALCON, C, C++ and C# sample programs with source code
- Output of a single 3D point cloud with data from all cameras used in multi-camera mode
- Live composition of the 3D point clouds from multiple viewing directions
- Robot hand-eye calibration
- Integration of uEye industrial cameras, for example, to capture additional colour information or barcodes
You can now use the Ensenso camera selector to help you choose components. Simply enter your parameters in the online configuration tool and it will list the best possible combinations for your application.